When it comes to the philosophy of non-monogamy, there can be a lot of questions: Is it polyamory or an open relationship? Do we have to tell each other about other partners? Is it a relationship or just sex? Today’s episode is all about intimacy and non-monogamy and how people connect and relate to each other in that world, with lots of nuggets that apply to ALL relationships, whether monogamous or not. In today’s episode, I’m breaking this all down with Marcia Baczynski (aka Marcia B.)
Do you geek out on consent, communication, intimacy, how we relate to each other and connect, and why we engage in romantic and sexual relationships in the first place? You’re not going to want to miss this episode!
In episode 403 of the Embodied Podcast we discuss:
- (5:48) The difference between non-monogamy and polyamory
- (10:28) Important and relevant things to communicate with your partner(s), particularly when you’re in a non-monogamous relationship (and why the complexity of communication grows exponentially—not linearly—in non-monogamous relationships)
- (12:50) Ethical non-monogamy vs consensual non-monogamy: what’s the difference and do they mean the same thing? (And Marcia’s preferred term here) How do you determine if one non-monogamous relationship is ethical or not?
- (32:17) Our best tips for living the lifestyle that works the best for YOU (and one really important thing to keep in mind when navigating non-monogamy)
- (44:08) TWO things that are so important to pay attention to when it comes to your relationships and what to hone in on so that you can get your desires met more often
Slide into my DMs on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elizabethdialto/
Or slide into Marcia’s DMs on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/askmarciab/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/askmarciab)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships, & Other Adventures by Janet W. Hardy and Dossie Easton
- Polysecure: Attachment, Trauma and Consensual Nonmonogamy by Jessica Fern
- Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships by Tristan Taormino
- Urban Tantra: Sacred Sex for the Twenty-First Century by Barbara Carrellas
- The Multi-Orgasmic Couple: Sexual Secrets Every Couple Should Know by Mantak Chia, Maneewan Chia, Douglas Abrams, and Rachel Carlton Abrams
- Cuffed, Tied, and Satisfied: A Kinky Guide to the Best Sex Ever by JAIYA
- The Art of Receiving and Giving: The Wheel of Consent by Betty Martin D.C.