Francisca Santibañez is an herbalist, ritualist, wellness guide, medicine maker, educator, artist and founder of Plant Spirit Talk. Francisca believes that plants have a divine purpose that is much greater than existing solely for human pleasure.
Plants heal, they teach you to be grounded in this earth instead of following divisive indoctrination, and they hold imprints from our ancestors; if you sit with them long enough, plants can lead you home.
While in her work connecting with the divine through plant medicine. The plants themselves redirected Francisca to the work she does today which is more energetic and based on her ancestral wisdom and inheritance. It was because of this ancestral work that I first started working with Francisca on my own ancestral healing journey which recently culminated in a life changing calling and trip to Puerto Rico.
In episode 394 you’ll learn how an injury redirected the course of Francisca’s life and then you’ll join our juicy conversation on the wisdom you can gain from plants and the connections you can create with your ancestors as you learn to renegotiate the potential callings on your life.
Listen to episode 394 now!
In episode 394 of the Embodied Podcast we discuss:
- [3:43] The co-creative energy of the divine
- [4:38] Francisca’s journey - how she began her work with plant medicine and ancestral healing
- [7:51] Treating the root cause of pain, not just the pain
- [9:56] The type of plants Francisca works with
- [11:09] The intelligence of plants
- [12:14] How to commune with plants as highly wise beings that are still connected to the earth
- [13:16] The higher destiny of plants - they are here for more than just human enjoyment
- [14:49] Francisca’s definition of a healer and how you can access the healer part of you
- [17:25] Getting your mind out of the way so you can return to your body
- [19:02] Your ability and your responsibility to heal
- [19:33] What to do if you do not like the life you are living
- [21:15] Understanding your ancestors when you have multiple cultural heritages
- [21:40] Learning from your lineage
- [24:49] Elizabeth’s “show me” prayer
- [29:10] Ways to physically connect with your ancestors
- [30:16[ Using spices to connect to your ancestors and lymphatic brain
- [31:42] What you can learn from “weeds”
- [32:41] Why the same type of plant feels different in a different geographical location
- [33:42] Type of plants that feel like family to Francisca
- [34:30] The main teaching you can learn from plants
- [37:08] The secret to abundance
- [38:33] Specific type of ancestors that Elizabeth calls on
- [39:09] Staying away from the paradigm of “good vs bad”
- [40:35] Calling on “resourced” ancestors
- [41:11] The responsibility of calling on future ancestors
- [44:15] How Francisca shares this deep work with her son
- [48:12] Sacred agreements that we have with our ancestors
- [50:28] The power and agency that comes from being connected to spirit and energetic forms
- [51:38] Renegotiating contracts with ancestors and “God”
- [52:40] Creating sacred exchanges that are mutually beneficial
- [53:12] Combining endless possibilities with boundaries
- [55:58] Elizabeth’s connection to her ancestors and to Puerto Rico
For full show notes and resources, head to https://untameyourself.com/podcasts/394
About the EMBODIED Podcast with Elizabeth DiAlto
If you’re feeling it, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review wherever you listen from. You can also keep up with show updates and community discussion on Instagram here.